In my SnapChat Vlog Oct 2015 Flashback I baked my favorite Spanish Fritatta, tried a Indoor S’mores cups recipe with my kids & showed a couple of books I loved reading. The S’mores recipe will be posted below but the Spanish Frittata will come in a separate post because I want to share the little story behind it.
JONESING FOR INDOOR S’MORES
My kids are dessert fiends! My daughter mentioned she saw a recipe on Pinterest for indoor S’mores & wanted me to replicate it. This was the first night I made these & while they were good, I wasn’t happy with the way the crust came out. It was way to crumbly & hard to keep together when eating. The next time I made it, I added my own little spin on the crust & was much happier with the flavor as well how it stayed together. The recipe below is the way I’ve made it ever since.
BLAST FROM THE PAST BOOKS
The books I spoke about while perusing Barnes & Noble was Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet & The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Pillars of the Earth was an Oprah book club book eons ago & because I love Oprah, I often purchase what she recommends. The Diana Gabaldon series was recommended to me by my favorite Barnes & Noble Cashier! Clicking each title will take you directly to the books on amazon where you can by either Mass Market Paperback or Kindle version.
- 1 - 12 cup muffin tin
- Cupcake Liners
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 box of Graham Crackers, crushed
- 2 bags of mini marshmallows
- 1 bag of mini Hershey bars
- 2 T of Fleur de sel or kosher salt
- Line each muffin tin with a cupcake liner & set aside
- In a small non-stick pan, melt entire stick of butter
- Add 1 bag of mini marshmallows to butter till marshmallows melts
- Add crushed Graham Crackers to melted marshmallow & mix till thoroughly combined
- Remove Graham Cracker Mixture & press into bottom of cupcake liner with a spoon about 1/4 of the way
- Top each Graham Cracker crust with a few mini bars of Hershey's, to your liking
- Sprinkle a small pinch of salt over the chocolate
- Then top each cup with mini marshmallows
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until marshmallows melt