One of my all time favorite Chili is from Zippy’s restaurant in Hawaii. Zippy’s is a chain that only exists in Hawaii, though I do believe, they might be finally opening a location in Vegas. It’s a staple. A place where the locals eat. It’s home cooked fast food with the option to dine in.
It is the first stop I make when visiting home. When I moved away from home, I would order frozen Zippy’s Chili from their online shop but then found a copy cat recipe on the web and made a video of it on my Youtube channel.
However, there’s a lot of stuff that goes into that chili and some days I just don’t have the time or energy. Over the years, I’ve created my own version of this chili which tastes pretty damn similar but requires much less time, effort and ingredients. So here is, my lazy girl’s chili that’s so friggen delicious, you’ll never make any other recipe again.
I love it over steamed rice with a scoop of macaroni salad. One of my kids prefers it over fritos while my other two love it with my kick-ass cornbread.
If you’ve moved away from home (Hawaii), like me, give this recipe a try! I know you’ll love it!
EASIEST CHILI EVER
- 1 bag Stubbs Chili mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground italian sausage
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Brown the ground beef and italian sausage.
- Add in the dry spice packed from the Stubbs Chili mix
- When beef and sausage is brown, add remaining ingredients and “Finishing” packet from Stubbs bag.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes or if in pressure cooker on high for 15 minutes or low for 30 minutes.
- I love it with rice and mac salad but my kids love to eat it with on fritos or cornbread.