My middle child is a very picky eater. Growing up, he would only eat Chicken & Chocolate…No Lie! This made dinners very interesting because no matter what I made, I would always have to have some kind of chicken for him. Chicken wings, Chicken nuggets, Fried Chicken, Chicken Sammies, Chicken katsu…chicken chicken chicken! While I know some of you are probably saying “If he doesn’t eat what you make then let him starve!”, the softie I am, couldn’t do it.
As a result, I have learned to make chicken a ton of ways and a lot of it starts with my recipe for super easy peasy roast chicken breasts. Eaten as a main dish or shredded and added to other dishes, this recipe is a must have for both newbie & experienced cooks alike!
- 1 tray of Chicken Breast (bone in or boneless)
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Sheet pan
- Wire grid rack
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil & top with wire grid rack.
- Spray the wire rack with non-stick spray...you will thank me later for this
- Season each breast generously with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder on both sides
- Place breasts on wire rack
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes to an hour depending on the thickness of your chicken breast.
- This same process can be done for a whole chicken as well!