MEDICINE BALL – the backstory
I’m not exactly sure why this tea makes me feel better but it does. Perhaps its the disinfecting properties of the lemonade or maybe the menthol in the mint and it’s ability to help with congestion. There’s something about the combination of all the ingredients that gets me out of a funk when sick.
I’m not a daily Starbucks visitor.
Truth be told, I go there maybe once or twice a month. Tops. When I do it’s usually to get my faves, Venti Strawberry Acai Refresher and a Tomato Mozzarella Panini. BUT when i’m feeling crappy and have to push through the day, a stop by Starbucks for this drink is just the thing. I can’t remember how I learned about it honestly. It’s been a couple of years since I started drinking it. Usually a Hottie Toddie, helps me clear up a common cold but that has alcohol in it and is probably frowned upon to drink throughout the day.
I had inside help
Starbucks Medicine Ball Copy Cat Recipe
- 1 bag Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Tea
- 1 bag Teavana Peach Tranquility
- 6 oz hot water
- 6 oz lemonade
- honey to taste
- In hot water steep both tea bags for 5 minutes
- Heat 6 oz of lemonade 1 min in microwave
- Add lemonade to water w/ tea bags and mix
- Add honey to taste
- NOTE: leave tea bags in cup while drinking, the stronger the better
Leave a Reply