The story behind this Christmas Crack
Every year, I put together treat baskets to send out to family, friends & referring offices. One year I posted a video on SnapChat about how I made my version of this & while I love it, it’s time consuming, a little pricey & extremely messy. People love when I make it but to be completely honest, I actually hated making it. Yet every stinkin’ year, like clockwork, I would get several requests for it. This treat is so delicious I have named it Christmas Crack because you will get hooked!
A couple of years ago, that’s 2 years according to my hubbys definition (SnapChat reference), my girlfriend Tiff sent me her version & let me tell you, I have been hooked ever since. Part of the reason is that it’s so yummy and the other reason is that I didn’t have to make it! LOL
This year, my friend Tiff shared her recipe with me. I was amazed at how few ingredients it required, how fast it took & how delicious it is. I Snapchatted me making it & after getting Tiff’s permission, I’m able to share it with you all.
BUT FIRST I MUST WARN YOU…
You MUST make the first batch for yourself! You MUST!! It is the prerequisite for this recipe. You will understand & thank me later. If you fail to follow that rule, you will find yourself picking from every single batch you make thereafter, eat more then you should & short-change others. So trust me when I say, make the first batch for yourself to enjoy as you make more for others.
And now for the best Christmas treat EVER
- 1 bag of Chester's Puff Corn
- 1 bag of Almond Bark
- 1 bag of M & M's
- 1 bottle of Sprinkles
- 1 large bowl for the puffed corn
- 1 microwable bowl to melt the Almond Bark
- 1 cookie Sheet Lined with Wax Paper
- NOTE: For every bag of Chester's Puffed Corn, you will use 1/2 of the Almond Bark
- In a large bowl, dump out the Puffed Corn & set aside
- In microwave, melt squares of Almond Bark for 30 seconds
- Mix the Almond Bark & continue melting for another 30 seconds until melted
- When bark is mostly melted, mix again then pour over the Puffed Corn & mix well
- Dump the newly mixed Puffed Corn onto the waxed paper lined cookie sheet
- Sprinkle a generous amount of m&m's and top with Sprinkles
- Let dry for about 30 min to an hour
- Then package in whatever you choose
- If you can't find the Chester's Puff Corn substitue Pirates Booty Aged White Cheddar Puffs
I hope you enjoy this recipe thanks to Tiff! Let me know if you love it as much as I do & tag me if you make it @heynayheyyy
Wishing you all a very Happy Holidays!